Tuesday, September 29, 2020

No Debate for Me

 


Blocks three and four on my block of the week quilt.  New England Star.  I've peeked ahead at blocks 5 and 6 and I can see my way through them.

I feel a little sad that I won't be watching the debates tonight.  In other years, I've enjoyed politics, was so interested in policy and candidates.  I welcomed the debates, looked forward to them.  But this year, I just can't.  Just . . . can't.  

Just so you know . . . September 29 is Old Michaelmas Day, a Celtic holiday.  According to legend, this is the last date that blackberries should be picked.  According to another legend, the whole harvest had to be completed on this date, marking the end of the growing season.

There is definitely an end to the strawberries growing in my little bed.  Not the berries but the plants.  It was nice to watch the runners spread out and more plants sprout.  And then, chomp!  Of course I blame the deer, I blame them for everything, but it could be rabbits or squirrels or something else all together.  Some of the neighbors are reporting skunk sightings.  Do skunks eat strawberry plants?  


  

No comments: