Saturday, September 5, 2020

The Sun Shines Bright


The flowers on this sweet celosia look like red bugs at this point.  I think they will start curling as they grow.

The sun is shining bright on my old Kentucky home.  Derby Day in September.  No spectators in the stands. No stunning outfits or hats or mint juleps.   It's a weird year indeed.  If you want to play the song, look up John Prine's version.  Fitting for this year, since he died in April.

I have my horse picked - Thousand Words.  Fitting name for a horse for me, but I picked this horse because he's a Bob Baffert horse.  It's hard to pass up a Baffert horse, even one who didn't start out great this year.

Hoping that things go well in Louisville, apart from the Derby.  Louisville has had 100 days in a row of protests against racism and police violence.  Everyone is on edge, waiting for the Kentucky Attorney General's report on Breona Taylor's death.


 

No comments: