Friday, September 18, 2020

Star Quilt


Cupcake Mix Recipe #4.  Yesterday was a good day to just sit and finish it.  And after cutting out the hanging sleeve, I had just the smallest piece of red fabric left - I used it for sashings and backing.  One less piece in my Christmas stash.  

So now, I am looking for a new project to work on day by day.  I find that I enjoy a project that I can work in with other projects, adding just a little each day.  For a couple of years I've been pushing aside a paper piecing pattern called Carpenter's Wreath Holiday Quilt.  I've done two of the pieced blocks, but only two.  I think that will be next.

This afternoon I'm looking forward to bringing dinner to Nora and then taking her to school for band pictures and a showcase.  The rest of the family is going to an out-of-town family wedding.  I'm not sure what to bring for her dinner but I'm pretty sure that soup will be part of it.  Nora loves soup.

I have my ticket for the band showcase.  The band has worked hard on their presentation but there are no competitions or football half-time shows to display it.  Tonight they can do exactly that, with seventh and eighth graders invited so they can get a look at what marching band is all about.

Masks are required for spectators and the football stadium is big so there should be plenty of room to spread out.  How strange that we always have to consider that now.  Or at least I do.    

  

No comments: