Sunday, September 6, 2020

Right Trainer, Wrong Horse

 


Well, I picked the right Derby trainer, just the wrong horse.  My horse, Thousand Words, was scratched because he reared in his stall and hit his head.  The assistant trainer had a broken hand and arm in that mishap.  The other Baffert horse won the race.

As for the Louisville protests, they were peaceful.  I hope the folks that came from other places went back home.

I had to move shelving units away from the basement walls for various reasons and at various times.  New outside faucet installation.  Plumbing.  New garage door installation.  I kept the shelving out because I figured it would be a good time to continue painting the basement walls with a beige waterproofing paint, covering the terrible green that was painted over everything.  Who chose that paint?  It was that way when I moved in.

I have come to admit that I'm not going to be going to Lowe's for paint any time soon and the confusion in the basement is bothering me.  So back to the walls that shelving is going.  I am going to be so much happier every time I walk down the steps.

Sixteen of twenty star blocks pieced.  Love those stars.    

No comments: