Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Fall Wreath on the Door

 


The weather report says it's still summer, but we are past Labor Day so this little wreath is on my door.  The past weeks, I've had nothing on the door.  Something to keep in mind for next summer.

One of the houses in my neighborhood has decorated for Halloween.  Spider webs, spiders, pumpkins.  I can understand.  It seems like a long time since we've had something to celebrate.  I'm guessing that there will be lots of Halloween decor this year.

I just finished sewing "eyes," as in "hooks and eyes" on two of my daughter's blouses.  She asked if I had any.  Of course.

If you love houses on quilts, take a look at the "Friendly Neighbor" pattern by Coriander Quilts.  There is a panel that goes with the pattern to make the front of those houses so individual and pretty.  I mentioned that I'm drawn to stars and birds.  Oh, and houses.  And yes, I had a little bag at the quilt shop this morning.

Last night fireworks kept going off down the street.  I'm glad I got up and sat on my steps and watched.  They had the good stuff.


No comments: