Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Bobbin Winding Engaged

 


"Bobbin Winding Engaged" is showing up a lot on my sewing machine these days, primarily for those white bobbins.  I may have just bought a 3200-yard cone of my favorite sewing thread.  I wonder what other fiber exports come from Greece.

I remember well, back in the day, when I was visiting a quilt shop in a small southern town.  I asked the owner what kind of sewing machine she recommended.  She said she would never recommend a computerized sewing machine because a power surge could destroy it.

That would be a sad day, for sure, but I'm glad I didn't take her advice.  I do have the super power surge protector and I've checked in with my home insurance agent.  This machine is twelve years old and there have been no adventures.  And quality computerized sewing machines have robust circuit boards.

It's the first day of fall - hopefully I can remember that when I want to know how long that cone of thread lasted.  I don't think I'll be forgetting the year 2020 any time soon.  I do know that I got my last 250-yard spool about a month ago, so I'm thinking maybe a year  And that's enough math for today.

And enough sewing for now.  It's time to get outside for awhile.  These early fall days are precious.


No comments: