Friday, September 4, 2020

The Jedi Turns Thirteen


This picture showed up in my facebook memories today - the year I made Jedi robes for all the kids who came to Aaron's birthday party.  He just trusted that I could do it.  Next week this little Jedi turns thirteen.

So many things on my goal list for today and I did all of them except for the two sewing ones.  That's ok, I'll be happy to start with them tomorrow.

It seems that every day I think about how different life is and how we can easily adapt to most changes.  I ordered checks online when I would usually just stop in at the bank.  Ordered stamps online too - I learned earlier in the year that there is a little delay in sending them so it's best not wait until my stamps are gone.  For some reason I imagined that the stamps would just come from my local post office.

My fancy thermostat reminded me that it's time to change the furnace filter.  Last time I ordered two from Amazon but this time packages of two or even four were not available.  And so, tomorrow six will arrive.  I will have enough to last for a year or more.

Good news for me - at the end of this day my fitbit is recording 8400 steps.  It's been a long time since the first number has been an 8.

 

No comments: