Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Merry Christmas to Me



My studio needs de-cluttering, and I've been working on that, a little every day.  It's a challenge, because I have a wide range of sewing interests.  I'm not just a quilter or just a garment sewer or just into alterations or just into embroidery, etc.  I love it all, but it all has its own stuff.

Today's ramblings brought into my line of vision a Craftsy box, nicely placed under a box with a Viking hoop given to me by someone who decided to go with a different brand of machine.  (It was an Endless Hoop, a really nice hand-me-down.)

Inside that box it was like Christmas to me.  Two Moda jelly rolls, three Moda charm packs plus two of the 2 1/2" charm packs, plus yardage.  Really nice stuff, and I didn't even remember ordering it.

The packing slip was dated 11/27/15 and after some thinking I realized I must have been Black Friday shopping.  A check with my  journal pages confirmed that and a look at the five-year-old bank statement let me know that I got really good deals.  There were originally a couple of spools of Aurifill thread in the box and those were gone.  Darn.  

My journal pages also told me that I was really busy that December, doing a lot of alterations and little sewing for myself.  I must have set the box of fabrics aside and then after the busy-ness of that season, never went back to it.

Which is good, actually, because now I can really appreciate it.  Most of the items are holiday themed and it is the perfect time to find that box! 

Don't judge me, please. 

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

Christmas In A Box!!!! I am most impressed with the bank statement and the journal entry.
Yikes you are so well organized. I have the pieced potholder tops on the table in the sewing room.
I have the special potholder batting and the backing fabric ready as well. This might be the way for me
to do this in the years to come. Make them one year and finish them the next.

And you provided the charm packs.