Saturday, September 26, 2020

Blocks 1 and 2

 


Before we talk about quilting, let's talk about the Cincinnati Reds, going to the playoffs!  Two weeks ago, almost no one would have guessed that this would be a thing.  But since that time, they've gone 10 -2, and here we are.  It's a good day here.

I wouldn't expect you to remember, but late in the spring I decided to do a block of the week from my local quilt shop.  Actually, it was two blocks every two weeks, for twelve blocks total.  I thought this could be what I needed to get quilting again.

The first week out, I cut my fabric wrong, had to fess up and order more, and that was enough to stop my momentum.  I didn't even open most of those little packages.

I think it was that voice in my head, you know the one.  "You don't follow directions well, never did, that's probably why you make up your own directions."

But now I'm taking a look at those various piles in my studio and there were those cut-wrong little pieces laying around and it was time to start again.  The first two blocks were actually pretty easy.  I understand that they get more difficult as we go.

I'm pretty taken aback by the size of the blocks, 12" x 12".  I'm used to working small.

So this will be my little-bit-every-day project going forward.  Not a block every day, just a little bit every day.  

No comments: