Monday, September 21, 2020

Gray Dots

 


Happiness is having another quilt finished, ready for donation.  This is the one with the gifted charm pack and two colors of gray dotted fabric, plus enough other fabric to be pieced for the back.  I always like a pieced back and pieced bindings.


Quilting is in the ditch, then again 1/2" on either side of the ditch quilting.  I know there is a nice stitch-in-the-ditch interchangable foot for my walking foot, but I really prefer the 1/4" interchangable foot.  The little slot is just right for lining up over the seam line.

It's been the kind of week when I left one or two daily tasks unfinished every day.  This was the day to go back and gently pick them up.  Nothing timely and nothing major.  Checked and my car does not need oil.  I've done the Time and Talents church document.  Finished watering the plants.  Took the sheets out of the dryer.  That kind of thing.

I'm wondering what this next week will bring.  It feels like fall is really here, and it does officially arrive on Tuesday.  My baseball team has been doing well, is positioned well for a play-off spot, but like I always tell you, baseball will break your heart.  The Bengals - they are already breaking my heart.


1 comment:

Joanne S said...

I like that you are getting donation quilts one. I am reminded of enjoying making them for your group.

Political signs for our senator- Bye Bye Susan. Are there any Bye Bye Mitch signs yet????