Monday, September 14, 2020

Heaven's Child

 


It's hard to get our small donation quilt group together right now.  Our usual meeting space isn't available.  There are illnesses (not COVID) and other things going on.  We were supposed to meet at a park by the river this morning but one by one realized it wasn't going to happen.  I couldn't get in touch with one person and decided to show up just in case.

Turned out it was just me there, so I got a morning river walk.  The water looked blue, the parks and rec people were out working, and there were two tiny three-month-old chihauhas.

As always, I admired this statue.  The plaque at ground level reads "Heavens's Child.  Placed in Reverent Memory of Those Lives Who Left Us Too Early.  June 2000.  And then there are bricks with little ones' names, sometimes with dates, sometimes with an angel reference.  To me, it's a sacred place.

Since yesterday was a day of finishing quilt piecing, today was a day of getting backings prepared.  For the gray dot quilt, that meant piecing the back with six large pieces.  Since the quilt fabrics were given to me, I was happy to find pieces large enough to make the backing work, matching the front.

For the star quilt, it meant washing a piece of red Christmas fabric.  Since I recently had a problem with the red on older fabric running, I wanted to be extra cautious.  The backing fabric is metallic and has stars and the star fabric on the front is also metallic.  It was meant to be.

No comments: