Thursday, September 10, 2020

Not My Morning for Banana Bread

 


It wasn't my morning for baking banana bread.  I had four loaves in their pans but something kept telling me that the dough just wasn't right.  Looking back at the recipe - I'd forgotten the sugar.  I tried adding sugar in the bread pans but that wasn't working so I scooped the dough back out into the mixing bowl.  Even so, the finished bread has a different texture than usual.  It tastes nice though - really sweet.

September 10, a happy day.  It was my dad's birthday, he was born in 1913, died in December 2002.  And, it was my wedding day in 1966.  Fifty-four years ago.  Goodness, I was young, 21 years old.  My husband died 24 years ago, so I was married more years than single in my "adult" life.  And that's enough math for today.

I am not at all happy with Kentucky's Attorney General Daniel Cameron being on the president's list of possible Supreme Court candidates.  Politics aside, the man is 34 years old.  I don't want to be ageist, don't like it when it's applied to me.  But I do think that a Supreme Court position requires experience and wisdom that is difficult to acquire without more years on the court.  I can think of other reasons as well, but I did say "politics aside."

I am piecing a donation quilt with a pretty charm pack and fabric gifted by a friend.  They weren't her colors but they are mine.  Deep reds and grays with dots.

  

No comments: