Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Squares on White


I had an idea months ago that I could use up scraps by cutting squares and piecing them separated with white jelly roll strips.  And then I could practice free motion quilting in the squares.

It was basically a good idea, but it didn't make a dent in the scraps.  Some scraps were cut in 5" squares and some in 4" squares - these were the 5" squares.  A few of the squares are pieced.  The overall  piecing went fairly quickly with the jelly roll strips but the quilt lived on my quilter, just parked there, for a quite a while.

I don't think I'll try this again any time soon.  There must be another way to use those scraps.  Another way to practice free motion.

But, come Monday, when the donation quilt group meets, outdoors in a park, I'll have a quilt to take.  (I hope it doesn't rain on Monday.)

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

It looks very very nice. I'm sure whomever receives the quilt will love it very much.
I am reminded that you sent a batch of your squares to me once-they are still
in the fabric tub!!! Jelly roll. is that a roll of fabric cut into a long long strip???