Thursday, October 1, 2020

Ballot Is Here

 


Blocks five and six.  Patchwork sawtooth star.

My ballot is here, still unopened.  I'll open it, take my time, research the candidates and state constitutional amendments.  And then, drop off the ballot at a drop box.  I don't like myself for this.  I don't like that I allowed a candidate to plant a seed of doubt about how or if ballots arrive.  My rational mind knows that there is no reason for this doubt, but I will still drop off my ballot.  The clerk's office is a mile down the road, if that, it's not like it's a hardship.

Really, I would worry more about people, just outside the 100 foot no-contact space, trying to influence my vote and crowding me, than I would be about my ballot arriving in the mail.  I know how we got here, but I'm still amazed and appalled.

We have increasing coronavirus cases in my state, although not in my county just now.  Cases seem to be hopping more into the rural areas.  Mask compliance (our governor calls them facial coverings) seems to be good here, at least in those few places I might see people.  This morning I adjusted the elastic in several of Aaron's masks.

We had a power outage on Tuesday night and it seems as if my internet is just now readjusting.  Is that even a thing? 






No comments: