Friday, October 2, 2020

To Keep Your Balance

 


To keep your balance, you must keep moving. -Albert Einstein.  In case the lettering is too small to read.  It was on the edge of a piece of fabric that I was cutting.

Agree 100%.  It's been true for me for a long time.  Many years ago I had a much-anticipated new baby and a case of after-baby blues.  I had read the articles about sleeping when the baby slept and that sounded fine, but the baby was a cluster feeder and there was little sleeping.  I remember standing at the kitchen counter and reading through the health insurance information to see if we had coverage for a therapist.

What helped me then and what helps me now is keeping a daily list of goals, these days divided into sections:  Moving Forward (the largest section,) For Myself, and Small Things.  It doesn't mean that I do every goal every day but I keep moving.

On a different topic, you know how I value civility, which seems to be in short supply.  And yet tonight, after a day of concern about the president's health, came the announcement that the Biden campaign would withdraw their negative ads during the president's recovery.  This may have been a purely political decision, I realize that, but there is civility in there.  And I am grateful.

  

No comments: