Saturday, October 24, 2020

This Will Work

 

Some time ago, my niece Ariel gave me the Elizabeth Hartman pattern The Kittens.  This morning I made a couple of sample blocks and decided this will work for my next little-bit-every-day project.  It probably isn't too ambitious to do a kitten every day.

The cat on the left is called plain cat, and there will be only one of him on the quilt.  The little guy on the right is called Simon and there will be several of him.  There are also several other characters.  Each cat is 8" x 10" so this should go fairly quickly.

Yesterday I checked my ballot about three times and put it in the ballot box outside the county building.  That part is finished.  Praying that the election will be without incident, with safety both in voting and to the candidates.   Where are our leaders, not calling for civility and calm?  I mean, I know where they are, but where is their responsibility to this country?

Strictly gossip, maybe, maybe not, but what is going on with our Kentucky senator's bruised hands?  Why the secrecy?  He is up for reelection and he is 78.  If there is something seriously wrong, or not, I would like to know that.  Of course, I've already voted so I guess it doesn't matter for me personally but lots of people haven't voted yet.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

i just assumed Plain Cat was facing backwards.
Mitch must have taken a tumble down some stairs or in a parking lot.
78? guessing we have no age limits at all for any of the government jobs.