Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Penny Candy

 


Penny Candy Table Runner.  If you love it, you can order the kit from Apron Strings Quilt Shop, Maysville, KY.

This is the project that I started Sunday night when I just didn't know what to do with myself.  What I've re-learned:  now and then it's nice to work with a project that be quickly done.

Yesterday I made an appointment and shopped in person at Just Sew in Fort Thomas.  I got fabric for the outer border on my star quilt, fabric for pillows, a charm pack, a pillow form.  And a replacement mask template, mine still hasn't shown up.  I know that as soon as I open the new package my old template will reappear, but it's ok, one of my friends will enjoy having one.

This afternoon I'm remembering Martha Cotterill, who taught at St. Patrick School in Maysville for almost forty years and who died last week.  She taught both my daughters in seventh grade and both remember her fondly, as do I.  Truly a long career of teaching young teensWhat patience she displayed.     

No comments: