Thursday, October 29, 2020

By the End of the Day

 

Well, this is different in a few ways.  A Joann bag, although the shopping was done by my daughter.  A garment pattern, which hopefully will convert into a Halloween costume.  Fleece, not my usual fabric.

Hopefully, by the end of the day, there will be a "sweater" for a Despicable Me character.  A pink striped sweater.  And, maybe, a striped hat with ear flaps.  It will be quite a day.  But, I love my grand girl and I love a challenge.

Rain all day today.  All day.  That should keep me sewing.  Yesterday I ordered a set of fat quarters from the Just Sew Live! and I'll wait to pick them up until tomorrow.  There is a white marking pencil in my order too.  I have a chalk marker for marking on dark fabrics, but it's messy and I'm always looking for a better way.

Thanks to Joanne for pointing me to an enjoyable book, Heat Wave by Nancy Thayer.  Good story, light reading, nicely written.  Just what I was looking for.  I was hoping to get the actual book from my library but they didn't have it so I got it from the online library to read on my Kindle.  That's good too.  

I'm old enough that it's still amazing to me that I can go online and see if my library has a book and if it is available.  And if not, whether any of the branches have it.  If they do, the book comes to my library on the daily van run.  

No comments: