Friday, October 23, 2020

Tri Tools


In my blog ramblings the other day I noticed that someone (sorry, like I said, I was rambling and most likely can't find that blog again) was making something that had a triangle in a rectangle.  

She mentioned using a pair of templates, a Recs Tool and a Tri Tool.  Those templates looked familiar, and sure enough, they were hanging on my wall.  The tips of the templates are cut off, making it easy to line up the fabrics.

I've been admiring table runners and pillows that have triangular Christmas trees, alternating tops and bottoms and these templates would be great for that.  I hope you get the idea, the first tree has a trunk at the bottom, the second tree has its trunk facing the top, alternating back and forth.  I'm going to do some experimenting with that.

This evening was my neighbor's daughter's wedding.  This morning friends with big SUV's came by and loaded up many, many mums, lanterns, table clothes, caramel apples for table favors.  I'm sure there were many other things.

My task for the day was dog sitting this evening.  The dog and I took a couple of walks, he was sure to get his treats at the end of the walks, and, finally, a peanut butter Kong after the last walk.  It thundered for awhile, but a gentle rumbling so I felt that he was ok.  He is used to me dog sitting and doesn't get alarmed when I walk in the door.  When he was a pup, he was lively, but now he is three and is more settled.  A couple of walks, a couple of treats, a little petting, and he is ready to settle back down on his cushion.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

My "former" friend in Georgia wanted to make a Christmas tree quilt we had seen in a shop and I was assigned the job of cutting the pieces. But I didn't have any fancy tools. I would cut and and sew and she would take the "trees" to the bedroom and lay them out on the double bed in there. We had black on white print for the background. About 30 different ones. And the green trees were about 40 different fabrics. I cut and sewed for nearly 8 hours that day and again the next. The finished quilt looked very nice. I took home the extra pieces.

Still have them up in the Attic. Should make something small for the holiday. Don't know what.