Friday, October 30, 2020

Edith Costume

 


Here is where we were going. Each of the drum majors will be a different Despicable Me character for the band showcase tomorrow afternoon and Nora chose Edith.

And here is Nora's sweater


She wanted it tunic length to cover her butt.

And here is her hat.

Now the only question will be:  does it fit.  It works ok on me, so it should be ok for her.  Maybe a bit big for the sweater.

Sweater pattern is New Look 6404.  I told my daughter to look on the pattern wall, not in a book.  Who wants to spend the big bucks for something to be worn once or twice?

The most time-consuming part was serging all those strips of fleece together.  Once that was done, the rest was easy.  I have almost no fleece left, and the only reason I had fleece for the ear flaps was because it was the end of the bolt and the person who was cutting just gave my daughter the extra.  I forgot to figure in that I would lose yardage in the seam allowances sewing all those strips together.



1 comment:

DMarsh said...

You never cease to amaze me!