Friday, October 9, 2020

Pumpkin Pie Ties

 

Tied to my bag from the quilt shop yesterday were these "pumpkin pie" selvages.  I wish I had a piece of that fabric.  But, I had three other pieces of fabric in the bag.  Two are for a quilt with houses that I'll be starting one of these days.  The other was an impulse buy - fabric with little birds.

I found a Halloween wall hanging that I made last year - without the binding.  I kind of vaguely remember deciding to go ahead and put it up, minus the binding, so it would have a chance to hang during the season.  Maybe this weekend I can take care of that.

This week has held the most glorious weather.  Today my local daughter came for a back-porch lunch.  A veggie sandwich for me.  There are a lot of mediocre veggie sandwiches out and about, but the one from Newport Pizza Company is outstanding.  Lots of artichoke hearts, usually, depending on what they have.

Be happy for my 13-year-old grandson.  Yesterday he caught a pass for his first touchdown.



1 comment:

Joanne S said...

Connie- I am picturing a lunch with you on the porch- and I want that same sandwich you had.
I am filled with joy for the boy and his touchdown. Perhaps add a bit to the selvedges and use that to bind.
There are no rules. We make them but they do not actually exist.

Yesterday's book Objects of my Affection- Smolinski she also wrote the Next Thing on My List.
I found a list of books on Good Reads. I ordered several for the library, Tall stack on the table.