Sunday, October 18, 2020

Table Runner Start

 


Feeling kind of at loose ends tonight.  Waiting for the border fabric to finish the star quilt, not enough energy at the end of the day to start a big project.  Watching football, but only half.  Waiting in the back of my mind for the the rain that will be starting, later.  Not in the mood to pick up my book, can't even tell you the title.

And so, I opened a table runner kit.  Just five of these blocks, plus a border.  Pretty mindless, not a big commitment.  Piecing fabric, border, backing, and binding included.

But the best part is a little Creative Grids ruler, with the name of the quilt shop, that was with the kit.  Two and a half inches wide, perfect for cutting the little white squares for this project.  Six and a half inches long.  I've found myself grabbing that little ruler for all kinds of things.  Thanks, Apron Strings Quilt Shop in Maysville, KY.

When we can take road trips again, visiting this quilt shop will be on my list.

Had a quick pop-in visit at my daughter's house.  Delivered some masks.  Ordered some band fund-raising goodies.  I have to say, my grandson is getting so handsome.  Nora wasn't home.  

No comments: