Saturday, October 17, 2020

One Year's Costumes

 


I used to enjoy making little kid costumes.  Jessie and Woody showed up on my facebook memories this morning.  There wasn't much "making" for these costumes but there was enough.  Their mom found the hats.  I remember being so happy to find the "cow" fabric at Hancock Fabrics down the street, back in the day when there was such a thing.

I wonder if I used markers for Woody's shirt and Jessie's yoke.  Probably.  I do remember fitting the yoke to the shirt.

This was a day for making masks - but - I can't find the acrylic template.  I'm careful with my things, too.  Luckily, I had a mask cut out, but not sewn, that I could use for a pattern.  I remember how to add on to make a larger size.

The most reasonable explanation would be that it was on the cutting table and was pushed over the edge or the back.  I've looked on the floor there about three times.  I keep a basket on the cutting table where I put scissors, rotary cutters, and pinking shears when I'm finished with them.  I'd been keeping the template there too, because it doesn't have a hole for hanging.  I've completely emptied the basket, no template.

I'm pretty bummed, but - like I'm always telling my daughters - if that's the worst thing that happens to me, I'll have a charmed life.  

        

No comments: