Friday, August 21, 2020

Walking

 

Finally, I'm getting back into the habit of taking walks.  It's something on my year's goal list, and now it isn't too hot or too cold and I'm not off balance from having a cast or being careful after eye surgery or being super cautious about meeting people like we were back in the early COVID days.  Just excuses, I know.

This morning it was a nice walk while my car was being serviced at the dealership.  Better than sitting in the small waiting room, although the chairs were farther apart than before and there was only one person waiting.  I don't know where everyone else was, usually the waiting room is full.  Maybe they walked in the other direction.

There was just the oil change and tire rotation, nothing else needed to be done this time.  Only fair, last time there was a lot, it was one of the major services.  Hard to believe that was in November, nine months ago, but like a lot of other people I'm driving a lot less.

No complementary car wash though, I'm guessing that they are limiting the number of people who get in the car, both because of their germs and because of mine.  It's a nice perk, but I can go through a drive-through car wash.  I usually go to the local self serve car wash that takes quarters, but I wonder what they are doing about that these days.  Are there enough quarters?

My neighbor just gave me two ripe tomatoes from his garden.  How nice is that?

No comments: