Tuesday, August 25, 2020

No Modem in the Kitchen



On the little free standing cabinet in my kitchen, notable for what isn't here - a modem.

When I moved into this house and connected to the internet, the phone jack was in the kitchen so that's where the modem had to live.  Now, all these years later, things are different.

My wi-fi connection has been slowing and  slowing, crazy really, so I've upgraded to 5G.  A huge change.  And the new modem - in the basement.

Even though it was basically right on top of the kitchen, I was never able to connect to the internet in my studio.  Today I could watch the governor's news conference AND use my sewing machine.  This changes everything.

I guess I do need to learn to pay more attention to the sewing - I had to take apart the block I was piecing.  I just came upstairs and glanced at it and I still don't have it right.  So funny.

The only downer was when the technician suggested that my daughter might be able to help me set up my smart tv and other devices.  I think that was a kind but ageist suggestion.  I can set things up myself, thank you very much.  

No comments: