Saturday, August 29, 2020

Rain on the Flowers


There was a lovely rain last night and the flowers looked so pretty this morning.  They always like rain water better than hose water.

I was waiting for the utility company subcontractor to come this morning - 8:00 to noon window.  They come every three years to check the natural gas hook up in the basement to be sure there are no leaks.  There weren't any.

Not wanting to stray too far from the front door, I decided to sit on the steps and replace the batteries in the decorative solar lights.  I love those lights but they have been dark for weeks.  It's been sunny this afternoon, so I'm hoping that when the sun goes down the lights will shine.

And now I'm wondering - I have a string of lights on my back porch railing that has been dark for, oh maybe two years.  Do they use a rechargable battery too?  Can it be that easy?  Not that it's all that easy - those screws on the covers are tiny.

Joanne recognized the green fabric in the picture yesterday and wondered whether she might have sent it to me.  I'll bet, Joanne, that you probably did, I don't remember buying it.  And yes, even though I have a lot of fabric I do remember buying most of it.  


No comments: