Monday, August 10, 2020

Snowman



Today I'm putting away this project, another done during the dark days, during the governor's press conference.  Just sequins and beads on the felt.  Something to keep my hands busy, to keep moving forward.

Of course, these are still the dark days of this virus.  That hasn't changed.  There are more cases in  my state.  More arguing, more political posturing.  Worry about school.  Press conferences continue.  I'm glad I'm not the governor. 

I never did find a replacement for this daily mindless project.  I planned to substitute the cupcake papers quilt but found that it wasn't a good replacement.  Now, though, I'm doing a block or two every day, so maybe the timing wasn't quite right.  I do miss the hand work.

I have more energy these days, and I'm grateful.  My breathing is light and easy, that's the only way I know to describe it.  I was scheduled to have an annual breathing test this week, but I postponed it for a few months.  It seemed risky, maybe it was and maybe it wasn't, I don't know.  There is a COVID test required before the breathing test, I didn't know that when I rescheduled.  I can worry about that in November.

  

  

No comments: