Thursday, August 13, 2020

Block Arrangements



The cupcake mix recipe #1 blocks are finished and I spent some pleasant time this morning trying out different arrangements.  Taking pictures with my phone.  I think this is the winner, at least for today.

And then, the quilt shop called and said that my order of cupcake recipe #4 had come in.

One of my friends posted this Mary Oliver poem this morning.  It's one of my favorites, and I may have posted it here before, but I hope you enjoy it once again.

I worried a lot.  Will the garden grow, 
will the rivers flow in the right direction, 
will the earth turn as it was taught, 
and if not how shall I correct it?

Was I right, was I wrong, will I be forgiven, can I do better?

Will I ever be able to sing, even the sparrows can do it and I am, well, hopeless.

Is my eyesight fading or am I just imagining it, am I going to get rheumatism, lockjaw, dementia?

Finally I saw that worrying had come to nothing, 
And I gave it up.  And took my old body
and went out into the morning,
and sang.



2 comments:

Angie said...

Mary Oliver is my favorite poet. She and John O'Donohue speak to me every time. :) (And I'm a worrier too.) Do you mind sharing which mask pattern you used? I have made some masks all along, but have yet to make one in that style. Thinking it may work much better on me with my glasses.

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Angie, I sent the information to your email