Monday, August 31, 2020

Hope

 


Today I took my granddaughter to band.  She forgot to tell her dad that she needed to be there mid-afternoon and he had taken my grandson back-to-school shopping.  It was our first outing in about six months.  We wore masks and had the car windows half open.

And she said, "Every day is one day closer to the end of this mess."  Hopeful words of wisdom from a 15-year-old. 

A friend quoted several scripture verses in her newsletter today and I was reminded of one she didn't include, one of my favorites, Jeremiah 29:11.  "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

And thinking of hope, I've always liked the name of Philosophy's moisturizer - Hope in a Jar.

I need to add "hope" to my list of favorite words.  Grace, together, comfort, family, mercy, and now, hope.


No comments: