Monday, August 24, 2020

This Garden Dream

 

I have this dream - that one day I will be able to stroll around my small yard in the evening and see what new things have happened along in the beds that day.  I'm maybe a third of the way toward my dream.  Sometimes, like today, I'll find something new and pretty.

Sarah tells me that this grass is called pennisetum, or fountain grass.  A website tells me that it thrives in sun, heat, and humidity, and that it requires little maintenance.  That pretty much checks all my boxes here in the Ohio Valley.

I'm pretty sure I probably got this grass years ago, greatly reduced and looking sad at the big box store.  I didn't realize it would turn out so nice.

No rain for awhile but I'm doing a good job of watering the new plants that Sarah put in  I just want them to be happy.

Today, lots of tasks at home on my goal list.  Tomorrow will be a different kind of day - grocery order pick-up, a stop at the quilt shop to pick up and then deliver an order for my friend, service person here between 12:30 and 1:30, fingers crossed, and then walking down the street so a neighbor can try on a blouse with alterations.

There may be a breakfast pick-up when I get the groceries.  My favorite breakfast these days is Panera's egg white, avocado, spinach and tomato sandwich with their peach and blueberry smoothie.  I'm trying really hard to eat more fruits and vegetables and this helps me start the day feeling good about myself.    

1 comment:

Angie said...

Love the Fountain Grass...I'm adding it to my list of plants to buy soon; and that Panera sandwich sounds so yummy! Will try that sometime soon.