Sunday, August 23, 2020

Finished Table Runner


A while ago, like three or four years ago, I gave my friend Becky an inexpensive Singer sewing machine when she needed one to take to classes.  I think I had originally given the machine to one of my daughters, but, after trying it out, she declared herself not a sewer.

Although I didn't expect anything in return, Becky gave me a cute little box filled with some fabric and several mini charm packs.  It was the first time I'd seen mini charm packs, which are 2 1/2" squares, so I sat down and sewed them together.  (Since that time, I've learned that they make really sweet sashings.)  I actually quilted and bound a set of twenty to make a hot pad holder but that was no fun so I didn't finish more.

Yesterday I noticed the remaining three pieced rectangles and decided to put them together to make a table runner.  I don't know when I last actually put on binding and finished a project.  As you know, it's been a dry spell for me.  

  

I even tried free motion in the sashing, that long blue piece, which was a good experiment.  To be repeated.


 

No comments: