Monday, August 26, 2019

Rose Bush


This really fits the descriptor "rose bush."  It has thrived this summer with the early rains followed by heat and no rain.  And neglect, as you can tell by the weedy vine growing near the top.  I am thrilled by all the re-blooms that have shown up.

My earlier library book holds have been showing up one after another.  The latest is Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens.  It's easily the best book I've read this year and it's the author's first novel, although not her first time published.  I went back and re-read the last ten pages just to be sure I read what I thought I did.  You won't be sorry you spent time with this book.

This is a chipping day, visiting my undone tasks and taking a chip out of each.  Not a bad way to spend a rainy day.

No comments: