Saturday, August 3, 2019

Jersey Repair


Looks like a regular football jersey, and it is.  But it had elastic around the sleeves and my grand guy was unable to raise his arms when his pads were in place.  I removed the elastic, and I can tell you that the jersey was not meant to have that elastic removed.  At least with this practice jersey, gray thread and gray jersey, it wasn't so hard to see when picking out all those little stitches.  The other jersey, black thread on a black jersey - oh, my.

Something in me loves to do this kind of repair for my family.  I love it when the repair looks just like it should.  In this case, very functional.  The sleeves slide over the pads and all is well.  The kid can raise his arms.

The first pre-season bowl games are tomorrow.  And yes, it's hot.
.
Fancy Fair is Kentucky's annual political speaking picnic and it's this weekend.  I saw pictures of signs saying "Moscow Mitch."  Some day, I'd like to go to this event but not in this polarized political climate.  I did drive through Fancy Fair once on my way from a meeting at Murray University.  Fancy Fair is a small town, not at all what I expected, population under 500.  On the far western side of the state.

No comments: