Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Baseball Game


Last night at the Reds game.  Note the river with the boat behind the stadium.  And the white bridge.

I was with church friends and I always enjoy a Reds game with them.  The game started, the evening came in over the river as it does, my favorite player hit a home run.  At the top of the eighth inning it started to sprinkle just a few drops and I decided to leave because I had parked across the river and don't like to walk across the bridge too late.

Just when I got to the escalator, it started to pour, just pour.  I rode to the bottom and waited under an overhang there.  Thunder and lightning.  Rain bouncing off the concrete.  Some people had the weather app on their phones and reported that there was a weather cell just over the stadium.  Fifteen minutes later, the rain stopped as quickly as it started.

I followed a family across the bridge, the game started up again, and the Reds won.  Nice night.  

No comments: