Saturday, August 24, 2019

Nice Things



My daughter always says she can't have nice things, thinking of wrestling matches, flying footballs, rolling Hoverboard, all in the living room.  This was her flower bed yesterday.  She could be right.

Last night was the open rehearsal for Nora's band, capping off three weeks of band camp. Two weeks of nine to five and one week of nine to nine.  It was pretty amazing to watch them.  One hundred and sixty kids, all of whom survived heat and intense learning.  At the end, they all seemed so happy.

And in the end, the last day was cooler.  I was glad for my fleece as the sun went down.

I don't remember how many of us were in my high school marching band, maybe someone else does.  I'm pretty sure there were probably only about 160 of us in the entire high school.

No comments: