Sunday, August 25, 2019

Old Woman


When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat that doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
     Jenny Joseph

Except that I won't, I'll go on wearing Life Is Good tee shirts with short sleeves in summer and long sleeves other times.

But, I will have the Door Dash delivery car come streaking to my door three times a day with French toast and Brussels sprouts, Impossible Whoppers, salmon and broccoli.  And sometimes mashed potatoes, green beans, corn, and cole slaw from KFC when I feel like I need more vegetables.

And then after four days I'll be sick of it all and the Kroger delivery car will come driving to my door.

In between times UPS will bring fabric and tread and new scissors and whatever else I need.

Reflections at the end of the day yesterday, which was a fun work day with a longer than usual commute.

But while I was dreaming of being lazy, my daughter Sarah was running a 25K up Grandfather Mountain in North Carolina, with an elevation gain of 4200 feet.  There were some ropes and ladders involved toward the summit.  Sarah was the third place female finisher.  And she sounded happy at the end of it all.

2 comments:

Joanne S said...

The only delivery we have here in my part of Maine is Dominos. But they have a full menu. No Door Dash.
No nothing. I watch tv and dream of living somewhere near a Sonic or Chick Filet. Or anywhere with restaurants.

Jess said...

I totally LOVE this post!! (Just re-found your blog today, my friend--what an unexpected gift=)
((hugs))
Jess