Thursday, November 1, 2018

The Day After


This is the Trick or Treat bowl, before the Trick or Treating started.  Two hours later, it looked just the same, except for missing one peanut butter cup that I nibbled the chocolate from.  My neighbor across the street got five kids, but I guess the steps leading to my front door discouraged them.

I saw my next door neighbor at the Kroger where he works yesterday.  He said he bought Halloween candy for the first time this year.  He has steps too.  Probably no visitors.

It did rain, but not a hard rain.  I saw lots of facebook pictures of kids having a good time.

Other than filling the candy bowl, I have been baking.  We have a church retreat this weekend and I volunteered to bring desserts for the Saturday meal.  So far, I have apple oatmeal cookies, chocolate cupcakes, and a pumpkin bundt cake.  A huge amount of homemade applesauce.  Today I'll bake pies.  My freezer is happy.

I rarely bake, although I enjoy it, and just finding everything in the store was an adventure.  Who knew, for example, that the chocolate chips and baking soda would be in a different aisle that the sugar, flour, and cake mixes.  I had recently been looking, but not too hard, for yeast, and finally found that too. 

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

The pumpkin bundt cake sounds like something my husband would enjoy--where can I find the recipe?