Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Red Table



This red formica kitchen table was one of the few pieces of furniture still in my house when I first visited it.  My daughter Sarah loved it, so I put it in the purchase agreement, doubting that the heirs would want to part with it.  But they did, or were anxious for a sale.

The table lived in Asheville for eleven years and just came back to me.  It originally had two chairs, but those had seen better days over the years.

It is in my bedroom for now, and I am enjoying having a bedside table large enough to actually put things on.  My bedroom is located over the furnace and is the warmest room in the house, and I can picture bringing in a chair and doing some handwork during winter evenings.  We'll see.

Remember that picture from the Nature Center last week, when the temperature was in the 60's?  Today the high will be in the 30's.  It's hard for my body to adjust to these temperature changes.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

Lovely table and so handy to have with the two "wings". My daughter has my grandmother's enamel top table with slide out extensions. I have fond memories of many meals with my grandparents around that table, also card games I played with both grandparents. I was their favorite.

In the years to come--you'll find many uses for that table.