Friday, November 30, 2018

European Robin



Thanks to Winnie and Sarah for this little light-up robin picture from the North Carolina Arboretum gift shop.  The clerk said it was a European robin.  I don't know about that, but I know I'm happy to have it.  I'm always drawn to birds in art work, but in real life I do NOT want to be in a room with a bird flying around.

The Newport Aquarium used to have a space with birds, some of which did fly around.  I was always glad when the grands said they wanted to skip it.  In recent times there have been otters in that space, and that's been better.

I need to go to church and take down the November visuals.  Run some other errands.  Groceries would be nice.  So would a hair cut.  Back to the bike shop to order a Christmas gift for Sarah.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

That picture with the lights is wonderful. I do remember birds in Europe being different from the ones I was used to seeing in America. I, too, do not like birds flying around me. A friend had a bird they let out of it's cage when I was invited to dinner. I didn't enjoy that.

what are you cooking these days. In times past, you mentioned food you were making--it got me to try new things.