Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Blue Skies


Winnie and I on Friday at Grove Park Inn in Asheville, trying out Highlands Brewing Hansel and Gret Ale.  Notice the architecture and the gorgeous blue sky.  Nearby a wedding was about to take place, the bride had beautiful weather for an outdoor late November wedding.


And on Sunday, here's Sarah sitting outside at New Belgium Brewery.  There were kids on skateboards and running around having a great time.  Blue sky once again.

By the time we went to Winter Lights on Monday night, we were bundled up, but the light display was well worth a little cold.

When I drove home today, there were light snow flurries most of the way.  When I got home, there as snow covering the grass.  No blue skies.  But I am grateful for an uneventful trip.

Coming and going I stopped at the Kentucky Artisan Center at Berea.  I love to look at the art, and the bathroom has fresh flowers, but really, I always stop for the corn pudding.  On the way down there were mashed potatoes and gravy and sweet potatoes as well and today fingerling potatoes and carrots.  Nice corn bread.  I have one potato left to slice for breakfast tomorrow.  It looks like a Yukon gold, nicely roasted.  Of course they have meat too, but for me it's all about the veggies.

No comments: