Tuesday, November 13, 2018

What To Do?



Under the newly-placed Christmas quilt, that belonged to Winnie's mother,  is a slightly baggy burgundy slip cover.  And under that is a beige floral sofa bed from fifteen years ago.  That floral is not a good look, even I know that.

But, what to do?  I know nothing about picking out a sofa these days.  Previously, it was easier.  I just went to the small local furniture store and picked one out.  It always looked nice and ok, if not wonderful.  

I find furniture placement in my Cape Cod living room to be awkward at best.  Sometimes I look through pictures of neighborhood houses for sale to see how those living rooms look, but they are no better than mine.

And where do I find a small local furniture store?  There is one near by but it's out of my price range.  And I still don't know what would look good.  

For the holidays, I'm happy with this quilt arrangement.  For the summer, I got a white bed cover, which will look nice on a bed but won't appear on the sofa again.

I also need a mattress, maybe I'll just get that and forget the sofa.  But goodness, mattresses are even more confusing.

Does anyone have words of wisdom? 

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

With mattresses you go and try them out. G tried out all of them until he found his favorite.

As to a small room and a sofa. My daughter went with a 96 inch long one that fills one whole side of the room and no room for anything but a sofa table.

If it was ME--I'd buy a selection of chairs (or all the same)--nice cozy and comfortable. Some with an ottoman for extra guests to sit on or for when you want to put up your feet. I'd set the chairs in a circle with the ottoman in the center. Fill the room with plenty of room to walk along the walls to get from room to room.