Sunday, November 4, 2018

Pies, Filled


The pies were baked and, mostly, eaten.  Turns out that pies are more popular than cake, at least at my church.  Understandable, I would choose pie over cake any time.  And, I want to make more of them. I had a nice compliment, one of my friends said she was picky about her pie crusts but mine was thumbs up.

Thumbs up to me means not using a refrigerated pie crust and manipulating the crust as little as possible.  Using ice water and not adding more than necessary but not worrying too much about that.

One of my church friends has a deli and he provided three soups for Friday night - broccoli cheddar, vegetable, and ginger carrot.  I was surprised that the younger kids didn't go for just the vegetable.  Their parents have done a good job introducing them to other tastes.

Nora will try any soup of the day at The Gruff, and she's liked them all except the seafood chowder.  But given a choice, she will pick chicken noodle almost every time.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

Broccoli cheddar and carrot ginger---yummy!!!
I make a carrot soup with leeks and white beans--then in the blender to make a smooth soup.

Everyone loves pie. Because it's a rarity in 2018. Become the Pie Lady!!!!