Friday, November 27, 2020

Post Thanksgiving


Winter Lights at the North Carolina Arboretum.  One of the little brown dogs was enjoying himself.  Actually, all three did.

The Arboretum did an excellent job transitioning to drive-through this year.  You'd never know that it had been walk-through before.

It was a lovely Thanksgiving with Sarah and Winnie.  We had such wonderful food from a local co-op grocery.  I think I need to show you a picture of the pumpkin rolls and cranberry compote.  My applesauce might be in the picture too.

I am realizing that I needed to transition to making conversation, being with people.  Except for a few treasured outdoor family meals and popcorn hand-offs, face-to-face time has been limited.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who needs re-entry space.

I had wondered what re-entry might be like, and I feel reassured that it will be quite all right.  A little of re-entry and a little of quarantine life, and the memory of normal times will take over.


No comments: