Friday, November 13, 2020

Catching Up for Today

 I had a Covid test this morning, required for a yearly pulmonary function test scheduled for Monday.  It was at a large academic medical complex, lots of people getting tested.  Masks, hand sanitizing stations, social distancing.  I told myself that even if the positivity rate was 10.0 that would mean that 9 people waiting in line would test negative.  But of course, one would be positive.

I had a really great technician and it was not the horrid experience I had read about.  

Update on that bridge over the Ohio River.  It's still closed but water traffic is open again.  It will take several days to determine what repairs are necessary and if they are, how long that might take.

Another bridge between Cincinnati and Covington, KY,  has been closed, a historic suspension bridge built in the 1860's.  The Roebling Bridge.  Civil War era, just think of that, building a bridge without trucks to haul materials.  

Semi drivers looking to detour would not stay off that bridge, which has a weight limit lower than empty semis.  So, it's now open only to pedestrians.  I hope they can figure out how to keep trucks off but cars moving.

I allowed plenty of time this morning to get across the river for my test this morning but traffic was moving well.  I needed the time, though, to find the building and parking garage, then the testing area.  Lots of good signage to help out.


No comments: