Monday, November 9, 2020

Others' Words

The words in my head today:

We will lead not by the example of our power but by the power of our example. - Joe Biden 

I may be the first woman in this office but I will not be the last. - Kamala Harris

Please, I implore you, wear a mask.  Do it for yourself, do it for your neighbor.  A mask is not a political statement but it is a way to start pulling the country together. - Joe Biden


I am grateful to have a president-elect who says "wear your mask."

I hope that people will wear those masks, but I'm not hopeful here in Kentucky.  In my "south Cincinnati" area, yes.  But there are so many comments scrolling during the governor's press conferences saying that masks are not being worn in grocery stores and big box stores and dollar stores.  And we do have a mask mandate.

My grands tell me that kids in their schools wear their masks.  I don't think they give it much thought.  It's just part of school. 

I've started on my project of having masks for neighbors to pick up on their way by.  The only thing is, I keep giving some away so right now I only have six ready to go.

1 comment:

Angie said...

My state (TN) is as 'red' as your state...I was 1 of 37% that voted Democratic. :/ I don't look for too many in my state to abide by anything that didn't come Rump's mouth... :/