Monday, November 2, 2020

Turkey Mask Time

 

When I first tentatively started making masks in April, I never thought that I'd be making turkey masks in November and that they would be needed more now than ever.  And that there would be such resistance from some folks about wearing them.

I played my first Christmas music this morning, a lovely Christmas Celtic instrumental.  There is just so much lovely Christmas music and a limited number of days to enjoy it.  So, early in November it starts at my house.

Yesterday, Sunday, wasn't an easy day.  I always have trouble adjusting to the time change.  At 5:00 it felt like it was midnight.  I hadn't planned for dinner and then it was dark and I didn't feel like going out.  

But, there was joy in the middle of the afternoon, the Bengals won, and beat a winning team at that.  For one minute toward the end of the game I thought it might all go up in smoke, but not this time.  This coming week they have a bye so I can relax and watch other teams.

I needed to go to the post office this afternoon, hadn't been there since February, but I had some small packages to mail.  I told myself to get over it and went in the middle of the afternoon.  Good timing, there was only one other customer in the little lobby and she soon left.  I got Christmas stamps while I was there.  



No comments: