Sunday, November 15, 2020

Threads

 


I'm feeling grateful these days for the little tub of threads that sits under my sewing machine.  When people bring me pants that need a hem or a top that needs mending, I can usually find just the right color at my feet.  My Sundays used to include church, then going to the Joann that is near the church for whatever I needed for the coming week, plus stocking up when things were on sale.  Luckily, I did a lot of stocking up and I have lots of project left-overs too.


My thread for hemming some turquoise dress pants today was just a little less than I needed.  I used machine embroidery thread for the last few inches and that will be fine.  No one will notice the difference.

It's so windy this afternoon, and I love the wind.  As long as the leaves beside the curb waiting for the leaf truck don't blow back into the driveway.  It looks like the last of the leaves are off the big oak tree now.


No comments: