Friday, November 20, 2020

Heirloom Stitching

 

 

This morning I was looking for a replacement tablecloth for a little antique table and happened on this white one that was just the right size.  It must have been a former work sample, I know I haven't done any heirloom stitching in ages and also no machine embroidery that required any back-to-back placement.  As soon as I get a replacement bottle of the nice spray starch I'll give it a really nice crisp finish, but in the meantime I'm happy enough with it on the little table.

And now I'm wondering "why not?"  Why am I doing so little machine embroidery and fancy stitching?  I stay on the utility stitch grouping on my machine.  Probably because I have been piecing quilts and making masks and doing mending and alterations.  And because I'm not challenged to do the nice things, don't see my friends doing them either.  I know I'm not looking in the right places.  Something to consider.

When I look out over my back yard, I can see a large hospital on a hill, maybe half a mile away, but with an interstate separating us.  Its hospital chain in Northern Kentucky has been sending Covid cases to that one hospital to maximize care.

But now, its 34 ICU beds are full and another hospital has been designated to take the overflow.  These are scary times.

The library is closing again for in-person visits and will have curbside pick-up only.  I had been considering a quick in-and-out visit to pick up a stack of books, now I'll get a list ready.

  

  


1 comment:

Joanne S said...

Connie I just love that green embroidery. Perfection.
And am left wanting to know what the perfect spray starch is.......

Yes, our library closed to inside visits about 10 days- even 2 weeks ago as cases
started going up and up. Now I have no way of looking at the shelves of new books and finding a new author.
Or sorting thru the stacks in search of books I read years ago.

I bake bread yesterday. I have only a small chunk left. Husband gobbled it up.
I will bake another loaf today.