Thursday, November 5, 2020

Sadness This Morning

I am beyond sad at the way this post-election is playing out among individuals in our country.  The only things I know to do for today is to stay away from news and facebook, and those are usually my pleasures.  And to take comfort in the fact that if Biden wins the electoral vote and so many people believe that the election was stolen, there is still the popular vote that says otherwise.

I don't know why I am surprised.  For months the president has promoted the idea of an unfair election.  For weeks the news has been urging us to be patient, that the results won't be known on election day or even perhaps soon after.  What I am surprised at is the way that this election has only increased polarization.

And I am sad, personally, that if Trump wins, I may not see a woman elected as president or vice president.  I may not have enough years left to see that.  I thought that surely in my lifetime that would be a given.  I wanted that for my daughters and for me.  That didn't influence how I voted, it's just a side note.

I have nothing else to say this morning.  My usual deep well of joy is way down there somewhere.  


1 comment:

Angie said...

I meant to write you a lengthy email response to your email to me. However, I have involved myself in a ton of chores today as I 'sit' with the sadness and simply being flabbergasted by the anger and vitriol that seems to be growing right along with the counting. I simply don't understand people's rationale, but I do know that I am saddened and depressed by it all.