Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Young May Be Relative

 

This picture showed up on facebook, as pictures do, and I marveled on how young those grands were.  And how young I was.  But, at the time, probably eleven years ago, if I had asked myself if I was young I would have said "no."

I guess that, in eleven more years, if I am blessed with eleven more, I might look at a picture of myself taken today and think that I was young.  Something to think about.

The bridge news is that it may reopen on December 23.  I'm sure the truckers aren't happy.  Three percent of the country's freight would normally go over that bridge in a day.  The Civil War era suspension bridge is open again, with police at each end to be sure that no semi's drive on it.

Our governor will hold a press conference this afternoon, announcing new restrictions because of Covid.  A few months ago, one of the themes of the negative comments during press conferences was "look at South Dakota, they don't have restrictions or a mask mandate and they have few cases."  And now, they sure do. 

No comments: